Effective July 1, 2010, the Diocese of Richmond has established the following normative policies regarding the Sacrament of Confirmation. “Students must:
1. be currently enrolled in at least the 10th grade and at least 15 years old.
2. present proof of Baptism or Profession of Faith in the Catholic Church.
3. participate in a separate and distinct Confirmation preparation program from our regular faith formation program.”
Sponsors should be chosen prior to the initial Confirmation Preparation class and submitted along with other required paperwork. “Sponsors must:
1. be appointed by the CANDIDATE
2. be not less than 16 years of age
3. be a Catholic who has been confirmed and lives a life of faith which befits the role to be undertaken
4. Not labor under a canonical penalty
5. Not be either the father or the mother of the person to be confirmed.”
In addition to Confirmation Preparation, students must participate in our LIFETEEN program and are encouraged to participate in other Youth Ministry activities. Contact our Coordinator of Youth Ministry, Chris McNerney, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 527-1037, ext. 12.