The St. Michael Human Concerns Ministry strives to wholly embrace Christ in Word, Sacrament and Community...to catechize as we hear, speak and live the gospel, to celebrate faith-filled relationships with each other, and to commit to outreach within and beyond our parish boundaries.
The most important part of this ministry is you, the parishoner. Without you giving of yourself, this ministry cannot be successful. Please consider sharing your time and talent. There are many ways to do so; long-term, short-term, and one-time-only commitments are available.
Human Concerns Ministry Update:
The Human Concerns Ministry serves our parish and community through volunteer driven ministries such as CARITAS, Neighbor to Neighbor, Meals on Wheels, Conrad House and Respect Life, to name a few. Thank you to all who continually support these valuable ministries! Periodically, we would like to share updates with the St. Michael's community to let you know what we are up to and how you can become involved! If you or your family would like find out more about volunteer opportunities, please email the contacts below.
Human Concerns Coordinator: Karen Hannon, 527-1037 x 29
Human Concerns Core Group: Lisa Hollier, Jean Davenport, Marie Chickey, Lucy Kentile, Barbara Lloyd
New members welcome!
Our vision for the Human Concerns Ministry
- We do outreach to be the presence of Jesus to each other
- We act intentionally so that we develop a stronger relationship with God and allow others to do the same
- We help others not to make ourselves feel better … it’s about the recipient feeling Jesus’ presence in them
- Service is to our parish, church and community
- Our ministry as a whole is responsible for making outreach experiences available and meaningful to parishioners so whenever they feel called to get involved, we make it easy for them to do so.
- Create more of a human connection (example: Food drive)
- Educating our parish about the problems, concerns, needs in our community
- Facilitate individual interests of our parishioners with available ministries
- All ministries are built on a spiritual basis
- Ministry leaders support each other
- Our ministries have more of a relationship aspect (charity vs. relationships)